Monday, March 21, 2011

Company Meatloaf

This meatloaf is so good you can serve it to company. I served it with baked butternut squash and salad.
The meatloaf wasn't spicy enough for Charlie so he added his own jalapenos and sour cream.

Timmy the Cat liked the meatloaf just fine without sauce:
Sniff...sniff, any sauce?

 
Nom, Nom, Nom












Company Meatloaf

Several strips of bacon cooked crispy
1.5lbs. hamburger
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of parsley
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/4+ cup of chopped onion
1 cup mozzarella cheese
3 slices of bread
1 cup milk
1 egg

With hands mix bread with 1 cup milk and egg until homogeneous. Add the beef and spices and mix thoroughly. Put half of the beef mixture into loaf pan. Layer with cooked bacon, onion and cheese. Top with remaining beef. Cook at 375 degrees until the center reaches at least 160. Towards the end of the cooking time top with catchup or BBQ sauce.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Timmy the cat eats well, I see. So too do the rest of your family. I always knew you are a great cook Leslie, but I'm very impressed with your presentation and photos.

Leslie said...

Oh I'm having fun with it. Marielle has photojournalism in school so she gives me advice on the photos. I imagine at some point I might just add new recipes. I don't do a lot of planning ahead so sometimes my "creations" are a real dud. To be honest, I guess I'll have to blog those too.