Thursday, March 31, 2011

Beef Stir-fry

I totally cheat on this meal because it is almost as easy as fast food. I buy the thin cuts of beef (is it skirt or flank?) at Costco. Chop it into stir-fry slices and stick it in the freezer. Then when I need an easy meal I pull out the frozen beef and the frozen stir-fry veggies from Costco. I microwave the meat for 1 minute on full power- just enough to be able to break it up. Heat up the pan, add the oil and cook the meat. Take the beef out, add more oil if needed and cook the veggies (about 12 minutes?). While that is cooking, pour some rice wine (1/3 cup?) and soy sauce in a bowl. Add about a tablespoon of cornstarch and chopped garlic to the liquid. When the veggies look like they are almost done put some chopped ginger in. Cook for a minute or two and add beef and liquid. Stir to cook the cornstarch and you are good to go.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Don't forget the rice like I did! Can you tell what that white stuff is? I just added it to make the photo look good.

Gordon R. Durand said...

Cottage cheese?