Saturday, April 2, 2011

Omelet bar

I made up omelets for dinner and set out fillers so everyone could make them up as they wanted. The secret to making a good omelet is to not cook it too hot. That makes the egg puff up and crack when you fold it over. That's OK but doesn't look pretty! The pan needs to be hot enough to melt the butter but not make it sizzle and brown. Thoroughly whip the eggs with a fork until foamy. A 2 egg omelet is the best size for a small pan.
My omelet: cheese, bay shrimp, spinach, bacon, salsa, and avocado...
I had trouble deciding so I put it all in.
Gordon's: everything but the kitchen sink!
Charlie's: pepperoni, cheese, jalapenos, salsa, fresh onions, avocado.
Marielle's: cheese, shrimp and a little bacon with a side of spinach.
Timmy the Cat: shrimp-- hold the egg and cheese!


1 comment:

Leslie said...

This meal was well liked. Marielle said we should have it more often. That's why I'm doing this blog-- so I can remember what they liked!